Sunday, November 27, 2011

snapshots.











      ...morning messes...







...loving looks...
                                                                                                         



...nursing and napping...



...a very "adult" morning - coffee, muffin and poetry...


...a very "baby" morning - tea and toys...











...walking in the warm fall weather...
   ...beetle basking in the sun...



Hope everyone is having a great week :)  Beetle is talking and smiling more than ever!  She is even starting to do this single laugh thing - just one big HA! - so cute.  She also sneezes open-mouthed like her dad (like an old man).  So funny :)

I'm in talks with my job about returning to work and am having such a hard time with the thought of leaving her.  I can't even think about it without crying.  I know that, ultimately, it will be for the best.  It will give Andrew a chance to spend some alone time with Lu and will give us some added income, which we could really use.  I just can't get over the fact that she's only this age (not even 3 months) once, and if I go back to work I will miss so much precious time with her.  I have never experienced this feeling of ... loss.  I know, I know, I'm being overly dramatic.  Maybe "selfish" is the right word.  I don't want anyone else to hear her first giggle or see her roll over for the first time.  I want to be there.  I want to see it, to hear it.  I want her to see my face when she wakes up from her nap and secretly want her to hate the bottle because I've worked so damn hard at this whole breastfeeding thing.  I don't want her to grow up without me watching...ya know?  Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine whatever happens and Beetle could probably use a break from this goofy face in her's all the time :)
Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new pics! Her cheeks are awesome!:) And I don't think you're being dramatic or selfish...I'm sure things will work out just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet that is so hard :( Don't worry- at least you'll have someone that loves her so much to take care of her.

    And that first photo is so freaking gorgeous- she looks JUST like you there!

    ReplyDelete