Thursday, November 10, 2011

apollo.






if you know me, you know that my dog, apollo, is hands down the coolest dog EVER. rescued from the Aurora Animal Shelter in 2004, apollo has been a big part of my smile for many years. it wasn't until recently, when asked the "cliff" question ("apollo and andrew are hanging from a cliff, you can only save one....yadda, yadda") that I actually saved my husband...

...and I'm only kind of kidding ;)

apollo was hit by a car a week before lu was born and broke his front leg. Being such an old dog - 14 in December - we weren't sure if surgery was the best option because of the effects sedation can have on older dogs, but decided to give it a shot. amazingly, the vet said he healed like two year old dog!

I'm so happy that he got to meet the beetle, hopefully he'll live long enough to get to see her for years to come!



p.s. PLEASE please adopt a shelter pet. there are so many in need. Find YOUR apollo here: www.petfinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment