Friday, November 18, 2011

emailing

Excerpts from an email correspondence for your enjoyment. Bad words have been changed to protect the children;)

...

the email:

Okay, so I've gotta know what happened on your plane ride home (when you have a spare moment). Was someone giving you lalala for feeding your baby!??? Except for the staring (and then quickly looking away when they realize what I'm doing) I haven't had any problems feeding in public. I'm all set to send some nasty vibes this mean person's way!;)

...

my response:

No, it was waaaay worse. Some dootdootdoot father and his 18 year old son were seated cattywompus behind me and were joking about it the whole time. When the flight attendant brought around cookies, the son said, "maybe we should ask her for some milk!" ...Grrrrr! THEN the guy in the aisle seat across from me leaned over to the girl sitting in his window seat and said, "if she does the other one too, I'm gonna hafta switch ya seats" ... He later helped me with my bag, but I kinda wanted to punch him anyway. People, you see more of my boob in a swimsuit than you do when I'm feeding my child, so get over it! Also, I'M FEEDING MY CHILD, no, I will not go to the bathroom or anywhere else! Dingus.

How are you guys? I so wish we lived closer to you all:( Lu just had her 2 month appointment today! How time flies:) 12 pounds (until she pooed on the table, then 11lbs. 14oz.), 24 inches long... She's in the 90th percentile or above on eveything - the child is huge. She also got a shot that made her little leg sore this evening and every time she would kick, she would cry - poor thing just couldn't figure it out:(

I'm waiting to hear from work as to what the future holds for me there. I'm getting a tiny bit nervous because there is a huge part of me that just wants to stay home with her. We'll see. I hope you're loving being a stay at home mommy!

Give that little lady a smooch!

...

THE END.

1 comment:

  1. http://girliegirlarmy.com/mamazon/20111105/bloody-breastfeeding-how-nursing-discrimination-made-me-believe-in-goddesses/

    hey Soph- my friend Chloe, who is also a new-ish mother living in the city, posted this about her experience recently with breastfeeding discrimination. thought you'd find it an interesting read.

    xoxo m

    ReplyDelete