Sunday, March 9, 2014

thirty-one.

What better way to celebrate my 31st birthday, than to share a (guilty pleasure of mine) little peek at BabyKO2's wishlist!  There aren't many things we NEED for this babe, especially because she's a she and we saved everything.  There are a few things though, that I have discovered in my wise-old-two years as a mother ;), I think will surely be of use.  These things I kinda wish I had purchased last time, and I'm saving our pennies for this time around.  Though, to be honest, most of our pennies will probably go to a double stroller...how are the nice ones so expensive!?!



*Baby K'tan - I feel like this will be much more efficient for city living than was the Moby.  I liked the Moby - all except for the football-field-length fabric.  Hopefully, the K'tan is an answer for that.

*Blessed Nest Nursing Pillow - Now, I know.  Ringing in at just under 100 bucks, this little number might have you scratching your heads.  Why am I dying to try this pillow?  Mostly because my back is pretty much humped from the first two years of nursing.  Even with the Boppy, it was difficult for me to get Lua up high enough (without 5 extra pillows) to be effective.  My hope is that this buckwheat-filled number is super conform-able to baby's shape and will allow this nursing journey to be less of a strain!

*I've heard from numerous new mamas that the Fisher-Price Rock n Play sleeper is where their baby lived for the first few weeks.  It's portable and its sloped design keeps baby semi-upright.  A feature I wish we would've had for Lu!



These last two wish-list items are a bit frivolous, I'll admit:)

*The headband from wildjuniper is a perfect alternative for a summer baby newborn cap, don't you think?

*I labored in a too-tight sports bra with Lua.  This time, I want to be beautiful and comfortable.  So there.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes.  I am so so so so lucky.   I mean, just look who I get to hang out with today...


check out BabyKO2's entire wishlist here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my jeez, Lua's outfit (more importantly Lua IN that outfit) is so cute I can't stand it. ...and that robe is beautiful!! ...She keeps headbands on?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby k-tan looks awesome. I LOVED the versatility of the moby, and we still use it for around the house or little trips because Vi likes the comfort. but helllooo it's a pain in the ass. I've seen women in public pull it out of their purses and just like "flip flip flip" they have it all wrapped around them and a baby/toddler in it in like 2 seconds. I am not that skilled. it takes time. and it gets gross dragging on the ground while I'm delicately figuring out all the fabric. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just discovered your blog lady! Love reading it!

      Delete
  3. You can borrow my nursing pillow!! I doubt I'll need one by summer- Hugo will be 5 months...I mean you prob know better- will I need one then? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ I might just do that! Let me know maybe when we get a little closer!

      Delete