Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nana & Popop.


We are pretty lucky to have two sets of super amazing grandparents for Lua (and babyKO2!).   We don't get to see them nearly often enough and, while we had planned a trip back to the midwest after Canada, we just didn't have the time (or cash) to make the trip this year :(  A few weeks ago, my parents - Nana and Popop - came to NYC instead!...at just the right time.  They were here for our big move and we are forever grateful for all of their elbow grease and emotional, financial and more financial support as we transitioned to our big, old apartment:)  My mom is basically Martha Stewart when it comes to cooking, cleaning and organizing and dad can make/fix/repair anything.  I mean, ANYTHING.  He completely rearranged our kitchen appliances in one afternoon using a hacksaw that he borrowed from the superintendent.  Really.  And it looks great.

As you can see, Lua loved having them here.  Maybe it's because of the pregnancy and my general sluggishness this winter, but my parents seem to have boundless energy - especially when it comes to playing neverending imagination games with a two year old.  Like I said, we got pretty lucky in the grandparent department.

Speaking of pregnancy, we decided on a homebirth this time around (more on that later) and I have my first prenatal visit with our new midwife today.  I've only had three prenatal appointments this entire pregnancy (one of which was an ultrasound - it's a girl, btw!), and I'm ready to have some regularity.  They say the second babe is quicker in every way and, so far, that's absolutely the case.  Where did that first half of my pregnancy go?!  I feel like there are so many things I still need to do...potty train my first child, perhaps? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment