Saturday, March 29, 2014

pictured, not pictured.





I stole this lovely post idea from one of my favorite blogs, Longest Acres.  Her photographs and writing about life on a farm in Vermont are just beautiful.  Check it out!

Pictured:

1.  Ingredients for my dad's famous oatmeal.  Seriously, I was never an oatmeal fan (the texture is just...so...vomitty, right?) until my father forced me to eat this concoction.  The secret is an ample (AMPLE) amount of cinnamon and a bit of maple syrup.  Put these two things in first, to taste.  After that, the sky's the limit!  I, personally, always have bananas, apples, walnuts and craisins on hand, but have been known to add peaches, dried pears, blueberries and almonds as well.

2.  This happy chickadee.  She is so into books lately, which is great, but she has this new found love for baby books...like...colors, sounds, touch n feel....which I guess is okay, right?

3.  Our redone serial killer bathroom.  It's hard to get a decent picture of the whole thing, but it looks SO MUCH BETTER.

4.  Me and babyKO2.  I am so excited to meet her and can't believe I'm soon to be entering trimester THREE.  Whoa.

Not Pictured:

1.  The terrible weather we've been having.  It's gone from 20 degrees and blowing to 50 degrees and raining all day.  Last night, I took Lua to the park at 7pm, because the rain had stopped for just a second and we were both so stir crazy.

2.  The now-infamous orange tutu (size 6-12months) that Lua insists on wearing all day, every day.

3.  Poor old Tank, who needs a good spring brushing, but keeps being put off because...well...he's an asshole.

4.  The pile of baby things on the dresser, just begging to be set up into a little babyKO2 corner.  I've promised Andrew that I won't buy any more clothes until I've gone through what we already have in storage (I pretty much saved everything) and I am feverishly itching to get to that 0-3months box!  Something about those tiny tiny clothes, you know?

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!

1 comment: