Friday, November 21, 2014

Nana and Pop-pop take NYC

My mom and dad came to town just in time for our blissful colds to really take hold.  We all still managed to enjoy ourselves, despite being up most nights with one or both of the littles.  Lua got to see daddy perform in ALADDIN! My dad mentioned it at one point - seeing her father perform on Broadway may be one of Lua's first memories.  And although I'm pretty sure Lu remembers and can recount her experience just out of the womb, it's great to think about the things that have stuck in my head throughout the years and I hope Andrew and I can help plant some amazing ones for our kids to hold on to:).


Did I mention the girls LOVE their grandparents? Esmé was a little nervous/under the weather on the first day, but she got right over that by the next morning:)



We spent much of our time playing, cooking (thanks mom) and eating in the apartment.  It was so relaxed and nice.  

My parents ended up booking a flight for me to come home with the girls for nearly the entire month of January!  It's so expensive to travel, only going for a week or two is hardly worth it.  Plus, someone pointed out that January is like, the WORST month to be in NY,  so we're going to spend it in a house, with a yard for snowmen and a car with a heater and cousins close by to play with!
 I'm still holding out for my honeymoon:) hopefully when Esmé is a little older, Andrew and I can leave them to go somewhere awesome;) for now, I'm content to "vacation" a little closer to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment