Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oh, Canada!

It is so so so fun to pack all your stuff into boxes to put into storage, while remembering to keep your winter stuff out, while trying to think about what you can travel with for three months, while remembering that you need to continue to live and eat and work for the next month.  Add to that a two year old and a husband who is in the thick of rehearsals and has 1 day off a week that just so happens to fall on football Sunday (obviously no working on THAT sacred day).  Oh, did I say fun? I meant

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY WRETCHED.

So, that's where I've been the past month.  

My family came out last week to help me move everything (except 5 suitcases, the stroller and the carseat) into storage.  I don't know what we would have done without them.  They continue to be such a selfless presence in our lives (as have all our family) and I often wonder how Andrew and I got so lucky.  I'm betting it has something to do with the 23 pound wonder that is currently napping.  She has managed to take all of the moving in stride and is so excited to visit "Canada's house".  Ha :)

All of our hard work paid off, however, and we are in the nicest apartment, in the busiest neighborhood with some of the kindest folks.  I'm so happy to be spending the Holidays with my loves - hopefully some more loves will come visit! - and so grateful that we can afford (financially, emotionally, physically) to all be together.  Let the Canadian adventure begin!!

I haven't uploaded many pictures yet - we've only been here one and a half days - but here are a few pics so far!

last meal with some astoria friends and family 
such a cheesy lady
thank God for moms :)
all packed up! 
myles and dad goofing off after all the hard work was done
selfie at the airport :) 
ALADDIN! 
our building gets some pretty great light 
totally off topic, but i just picked up this candle for sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond (8.99, i think?).  i'm used to seeing really expensive candles, so when i happened upon this yummy thing on the clearance shelf, well, fugghettaboutid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment