Wednesday, June 13, 2012

wild and precious.

I came upon this quote while stumbling around the internet, waiting for beetle to wake up and hoping against hope that tonight will be the night that she sleeps longer than two or three hours at a time.

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

This sentence solidified the big and scary decision Andrew and I just made:  to quit my job.  Gosh, even as I type it out, it seems like a mistake.  Why would I leave a stable job (with health benefits) for the unknown, for being a full-time mom (and trying my hand at photography again and maybe childbirth education)?  This quote is the reason.  I have been struggling for seven months now with feelings ranging from melancholy to all out annoyance with my life.  When I returned to work after having beetle, I ended up compromising my needs and taking on too much.  Andrew became the primary care-giver and I became a miserable, stressed and unhappy person.  And it was just not worth it.  I have this one (wild and precious) life, ya know?  

I'm so lucky to have a husband who supports me, to be in a place where we can actually afford to take this leap and am so excited (and terrified) to start this new adventure.  I want to start taking photos, cooking meals, clipping coupons, smooshing my baby for more than an hour in the morning and an hour at night and taking some of the everyday burden off of Andrew.  Wish us luck!



just a couple photos from central park the other day :)


2 comments:

  1. how exciting! i too, am at the point where i really,really, really want to quit my job and focus my time on my little ones and possibly pursue being a doula. it will have to wait until i'm done with school though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second picture is gorgeous! Congrats on the big change!!

    ReplyDelete